The Ultimate Diet for Gym Beginners: 3 Best Tips & Foods!
The decision to start living a healthier lifestyle is never too late. You can start investing and living a lifestyle that is more beneficial to your health at any time! There are many ways to do so. Starting a gym routine can feel intimidating and challenging at first, but with the correct support and a proper diet, you can say goodbye to an unhealthy body! The diet for gym beginners has to be specific. This is due to your body not being used to the sudden exercise.
That’s why your gym beginner diet must have a balanced portion of nutritious food items. Once you chalk up an easy-to-prepare but proper beginner gym diet plan, you can start your journey towards a healthy lifestyle!
Here is the Ultimate Diet for Gym Beginners!
Once you start gyming, you will have to keep an eye open for 3 main nutrients- Carbohydrates, Protein, and Fats. These macronutrients are responsible for most of your body functions and a sound mind as well. That’s why it’s imperative to consume these 3 in ample quantities every day to meet the daily required quota. Any beginner gym diet plan would be useless without these.
1. Breakfast Items in a Diet for Gym Beginners:
They say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day- and they aren’t wrong! The food you first eat in the morning breaks the long break and rest your body has had. The healthier and more wholesome your breakfast is, the better your day will go!
While making a diet for gym beginners, you can use some of these items full of macronutrients for a weekly routine. You can pair these with fresh fruit juice or a protein shake. Try to consume a protein shake every alternate day.
- Oats, Bananas, and Pancakes
- Whole Grain Toast with Avocados and tomatoes
- Oatmeal with either honey/yogurt
- Cereal with Nuts and Cut Fruits
2. Lunch Items in a Diet for Gym Beginners:
Eating a heavy lunch does not mean you should skip out on lunch. Even if you don’t feel hungry, you must eat at least a small portion of all 3 macronutrients. Sometimes a salad is also enough! Here are some lunch items you can consider adding to a beginner gym diet plan, which is full of nutrients! For the rotis, do consider opting for a multigrain roti.
- Palak Paneer/tofu, roti, peas salad
- Sweet potatoes, green salad
- Lettuce Wraps. You can find the recipe for this and other delicious healthy food items here!
- Sweet Potatoes, Salad.
3. Dinner Items in a Diet for Gym Beginners:
Your dinner will usually be the meal you eat after a good workout session. It needs to be filling and satisfying. Here are a few food items you can add to your gym beginner diet plan for dinner!
- Boiled green peas salad, brown rice, and pulses/dal
- Sweet Potatoes, roti, and salad with yogurt (Dahi)
- Mixed Vegetable Curry, roti, and cucumber raita
- Brown rice and peas paneer curry
Here are a few more things to keep in mind while following a Diet for Gym Beginners:
- Eat some protein in every meal. If you are looking to burn fats and build muscle, protein is a necessity in every meal you consume. The nutrient also helps repair broken tissues.
- Eat some Fiber every day. Fiber is what keeps your digestive system and gut health intact. It also keeps you full for a longer time and provides loads of energy. Your stomach must be in a good condition to work out and diet appropriately!
- Don’t Starve yourself. If you stay hungry for long amounts of time, it makes your body enter panic mode, and it starts storing fat. Eating regularly provides a good amount of metabolism. Similarly, don’t go to bed hungry. When you are asleep, your brain needs nutrients to nurture your brain.
- Drink adequate amounts of water. Measure your weight. For example, if you are 60 kg, you must drink at least 6 glasses of water every day. 2-3 liters of water is also a must every day. Water helps carry all the nutrients to all parts of your body!
- Replace Coffee with tea. Green tea is known to help in losing weight.
- It’s okay to have cheat days! You should not be miserable while dieting and working out. A healthy diet for gym beginners can also be tasty! Here are some blogs with healthy recipes for snacks & food you can prepare!
A healthy diet follows a healthy gym routine. And a healthy gym routine ensures a healthy and happy lifestyle! We hope this guide to a diet for gym beginners was helpful! Another healthy snacking option while dieting is protein and energy bars. Xinoa Bites Bars are loaded with nutrients and made with natural ingredients, making them the perfect gym and diet partner! Order your favorite flavors today!